Sunday, August 18, 2013

Superstorm Sandy Fundraiser Next Week!


It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since the monster hurricane known as "Superstorm Sandy" hit Long Island and the surrounding region. For some, the damage was devastating. Everyone felt some of the affects, whether it was loss of electricity, long gas lines, and for many, major damage to their home or even the loss of their home. While 10 months have gone by, some people are still struggling to get back on their feet.

I was happy to help in the days after the storm with whatever donations I could give, as well as the giving of my time and talent to help those around me. This coming Sunday, August 25th, I will be a part of a very important event that will raise funds for those affected by the hurricane who are still very much in need.

Above is the flyer for the fundraiser with all the details. Proceeds from the 50/50 raffle, food sales and other activities will raise funds for the cause. As you can see it has free admission and free concerts - on two stages that will be both inside and outside Lake Grove Village Hall. I will be performing on the "inside stage" at 2:00 pm. I don't have the lineup at this time of who's performing on the outside stage, but here is the lineup for inside:

1PM: David Jensen
2PM Deborah Lombardi
3PM Us
4PM Christine Holt
5PM Jimmy Segall
6PM Pandafan
7PM Rorie Kelly

I've been lucky enough to hear and share the stage with most of the above mentioned acts, so I can promise you this will be a great day of entertainment. If you're in the area I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment